Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Fighting my Demons
Quiet, would be an understatement. I have been literally trying to live under a rock for the past few months trying to focus as much as I can in performing well at work and aiming for that promotion. I am finally regularized in the company, with an excellent scorecard and attendance for February, everything should be running smoothly now... me thinks.
I have also tried several things to unclutter my life.
1. Trim down my Facebook friends; avoid all friends' dramas from showing on my wall; clear my inbox; and oh, I hate that Timeline thing that you can never revert back.
2. Deleted all gay profiles, even the dummy ones. Seriously. So 18k views in a year + 60 or so raunchy comments from guys I slept with... I think it's time to give up the crown.
3. I finally stopped hoarding clothes and plushies which only collect dust and molds in the room. Some of them, I haven't even taken out of the plastic. I already gave away 25% of the stuff in my closet to charities and relief operations.
4. I finally stopped hoarding products (e.g facial washes, body washes, lotions) and actually used them. One at a time. I noticed my skin wasn't as moist as it used to be since I changed products almost on a daily basis.
5. I chose to maintain only two numbers, one of which is only for business, but the other I don't load as often as I used to. In addition, I won't be buying a new celfone anytime soon.
6. I stopped hoarding pens and noteboooks, and actually started writing on them? Perhaps the desk calendar was the best stationery I invested. I can see on a daily basis how much I have accomplished, what is the nearest date I should look forward to etc.
7. I stopped hoarding food. I only buy what I can finish within 2-3 days and I do try to eat healthier now.
8. I clean up more often. My room is spotless on most days. Gone is the clutter of clothes on the floor (and I actually know now where to find my stuff)
9. I have practiced on keeping my mouth shut. Though I am still quite prone to sudden bursts due to stress, there is nothing more stressful than damage control over something you have said or done which wasn't well thought of...
10. I have started to love myself more...